- The Auckland Folk Festival has announced that Monday 3rd October will be the beginning of their lineup announcements. Check out their Facebook page or their website for all the updates. Rumour has it there is a new website in the works for the Festival.
News, bits and bobs:
- The Mercury Bay Music Festival has announced they are returning at Queens Birthday Weekend, 2017. June 2nd to June 5th I am assuming it will run from Friday onwards. They had a great lineup for the last festival, full of folkies, sure to be good again!
- I spent the last ten days with Fables and Albi touring around the North Island and across to Nelson. Here's a video I took of Albi and Laurence playing Dirty Old Town on top the Interislander in some iffy weather conditions. My phone is basically a potato with a camera and the audio is pretty rubbish, but it was heaps of fun, and is perhaps the beginning of a shanty choir of some sort. Who knows what will happen.
- We've got guests on Folk Me Gently this Wednesday from 7pm onwards, Hamilton based Looking for Alaska. We're even going to be filming it and putting out a little video I think! Pretty exciting times. Tune in at Poor Boy Radio to hear us and chat with us. Keep an eye out for a bit of a schedule of guests coming up.
- Bonnie Strides are taking on the Sunday Roast at Portland Public House this Sunday from 7pm. Here's a little new song they put out yesterday!
- Dylan Storey is back to play a show, Tom Cunliffe and Callum Gentleman are also on the bill. Check it. Sounds choice.
- Albi and the Wolves are taking over Golden Dawn on Friday. Enough said. 5 bucks from 8.30pm. Go dance.
Lydia Cole has released a live performance of her new song 'Sober' and had this to say, "I've never felt this exposed by a song before." It's beautiful and we can't wait to hear the studio version of it coming out this Friday.